Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week 4 Deathrace Jeopardy

Death-Race Jeopardy. This was definitely one of the more interesting in-class games that I have encountered. Working with other team members to come up with the correct answers before the other teams was quite entertaining and exhilarating. Being the “runner”, the person that has to go up and write the answer, was stressful at times, but very fun. The pressure to write down the answer when there were but a few seconds left added to the enjoyment. After the first few questions, the runners started to be creative with how they were protecting their answers to the other teams would have less of a chance to copy the answer, in the event that they had the correct one that is.
I was quite surprised at how the instructor used points that each person wins to affect the mid-term test. This is the first time I have encountered anything like this in a classroom setting. For the last round, having each group pool as many of their cards together as they want for the wager was very interesting. I was at first unsure as to how this would affect my card count (I had only 4), but it turned out that my points weren’t in jeopardy (no pun intended). My group wagered ten total points between us. We won the final round and that gave us each an extra 40 points plus the points we didn’t wager towards the mid-term final.

The “Bayh-Dole Act” was one of the more interesting answers that we encountered. It’s basically the ability for Universities to obtain patents on inventions that were created with federal funding.
“OG” for Official Gazette was also one of the terms that didn’t catch in my mind while studying. This is one of two weekly online publications done by the USPTO.

No comments:

Post a Comment